Since 1967, the Intensive English Institute at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has helped thousands of international students improve their English language proficiency.
Students in our program appreciate the excellent instruction by highly qualified faculty, the diversity of courses tailored to meet their language and professional-training needs, the rich variety of social, cultural, and recreational activities, and the opportunity to make friends from all over the world.
Our students enjoy all of the advantages of being part of a world-class university of over 43,000 students. The Intensive English Institute is located in the heart of the University of Illinois campus in Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, a micro-urban community of 120,000 people just 210 km south of Chicago, 270 km northeast of St. Louis and 200 km west of Indianapolis.
Why should you study at the IEI?
- Development of strong English and intercultural skills for future study or work.
- Carefully designed English courses.
- Excellent teachers with strong professional backgrounds and experience.
- Small class size.
- Affordable costs.
- Access to University of Illinois’ world-class facilities.
- Social, cultural, and volunteer events on campus and in the community.
- Cultural diversity in your classes and in the community.
- The friendly community of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.