How to Apply
Requirements for applying to the IEI
To be eligible for the IEI program you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 17 years of age.
- You must have completed high school/secondary school.
- You cannot have a degree from a university whose primary language of instruction is English.
IEI Application - Apply Now!
Documents to send
You must also submit the following documents:
- Passport - This should be a copy of your current passport.
- Academic Record - This should be a transcript or diploma from the most recent school attended. This must be translated into English.
- Financial Statement - Please see Financial Support. This must be translated into English.
- $100.00 Application Fee and $50.00 Mailing Fee - Please See Authorization Form
- All documents can be submitted by:
- email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- faxing them to: 217-265-0158
- mail them to the IEI at: 616 East Green Street, Suite 210, Champaign, Illinois 61820
Students needing an I-20 must prove financial support, including living expenses, for the term that they are applying for.
If you are paying for yourself, you must include your bank statement. This statement must be no older than 6 months and the amount available must be no less than the ESTIMATED PROGRAM COST for the term you are applying for.
This statement can show the amount in U.S. dollars or the equivalent of this amount of this amount in any other currency. If the statement is not in English, a translation must be attached.
Funds from family or friend in the USA or from your home country
If your sponsor is a person (a relative or friend) you must include their bank statement and an Affidavit of Support.
Submit an official letter from the sponsoring organization that states the specific amount of funds granted.
- If you are applying from overseas, please check with the U.S. consulate in your country for processing times and procedures, and begin the process as soon as possible.
- If you are transferring to the Intensive English Institute from another school, a transfer verification form will be sent to you and should be given to your current school to release your record.
These estimated costs are a required amounts to be shown on financial statements for issuing an I-20.
|Estimated Costs||Spring 2016
||Summer 2016||Fall 2016|
|Tuition and Fees (estimated)||$5,572.00||$2,955.00||$5,573.00|
|Living Expenses (estimated)||$7,600.00||$3,800.00||$7,600.00|
|TOTAL FUNDS NEEDED||$13,172.00||$6,755.00||$13,173.00|
Additional funds required for issuing I-20's to dependents
Students may bring their spouse (husband or wife) and their children with them to the U.S. Children can only be dependents until they turn 21. You will have to show that you have enough money for your dependent's living expenses. Each of your dependents will need to apply for an F2 visa.
||Summer 2016||Fall 2016|
|Each additional dependent||$1,000.00||$500.00||$1,000.00|