The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign requires that all students have health insurance. This includes students attending the Intensive English Institute.
Students can get health insurance by:
(1) purchasing University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign student health insurance when they register at the IEI or
(2) purchasing private insurance in their home countries.
If students purchase private insurance, there is a MINIMUM amount of coverage required as follows:
(1) a minimum of $500,000 per illness or injury per academic year
(2) no less than an 80%/20% benefit plan for inpatient, outpatient, surgical procedures, and mental health
(3) the maximum annual deductible of $5,000.00 or less.
- Students who purchase private health insurance must bring proof of coverage to the IEI office at the time of registration.
- This proof must be in English
- This proof must be in U.S. Dollars
- It must include information that shows the minimum coverage has been met.