mobile menu toggle


The Intensive English Institute has a team of advisors available to help students with various situations they may encounter while living in the United States.


The IEI international student advisor and student services coordinator offer the following services:


IEI advisors provide information regarding immigration questions and status as a nonimmigrant student. Check our Immigration page for important information about your responsibilities for keeping your student visa status.

IEI Classes & Policies

IEI advisors provide information regarding problems including, but not limited to, succeeding in your classes, interpersonal difficulties with other students or teachers, questions about class placement or methods, etc. See the Student Policies for more information.

Personal Challenges

IEI advisors provide information and resources to help solve various personal problems, including but not limited to, adapting to life in the U.S., housing or roommate difficulties, health problems, legal problems, etc.

College Admissions Process

IEI advisors provide information and workshops about college and university application procedures, including how to find appropriate university programs, how to apply for various tests (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, etc.).

Get in Touch

It is important to keep in mind that the advisors provide assistance and suggestions. They are happy to help students in whatever ways they can, but they cannot offer legal advice and cannot solve problems for you. If you would like to talk with one of the advisors, simply stop by the front desk at the IEI. If the advisors are free, they can talk to you then. Or you can make an appointment for a specific time by email. Include your full name, section number, and two times that you can meet in your e-mail. The advisors also teach classes in the IEI, so their free time varies with their teaching schedules.

International Student Advisor: Peter Chiligiris, IEI Room 402,